Friday, November 20, 2009

Nov 19

Very RAINY day.

We decided to do inside stuff because of the weather.

We visited a local museum.

I had my picture taken with Olaf and his son. VERY cute - I even got to hold the baby. Wish I could have spent more time with them. I had to pay 10 pesos to have my picture taken with him. They were part of the town square St. Bernards!

We toured several chocolate stores. We had a few samples and finally purchased ONE item and shared it!

Took the bus to a local brewery - Blest. We had a seven beer sampler and some pizza. It was cool to see them bottling the beer. One guy filled one bottle at a time. Another guy put labels on, one at a time by hand.

We had time to kill before dinner. This was opening day for the movie New Moon. 10 pesos to get in. I wish I had my camera to take a picture of the theater. Look a little worn! The girls in the theater were obviously CRAZY about this series. Lots of screaming teenagers!

Our free dinner was a lot better tonight. Chicken, carrots, sweet potatoes, and bread. Plus I was able to purchase very cheap wine. Actually for $1 per glass it was pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment